Fun in my fabric world....

Monday, March 17, 2014

Another working week is about to start, and the house is quiet, the sun is just peeping its head over the horizon. I love the stillness of this time of morning, the birds are waking up and I have some spare minutes before I dash out the door and the problems of work greet me. Quiet. It is also nice at present because there is that slight chill of autumn in the air which I love, it never gets super cold here, but I do love a change of season.
Last week was a busy one, with several evenings out....being social of course! One Wednesday a month, we gather at Janette's house to stitch and save the world. It is always fun and definitely inspiring. The very modest Chris always drags out a beauty...this stunner has been languishing for about ten years after the centre toile was given to her.


What can I say? Gorgeous!


Janette is making amazing progress with her Big Bang quilt which reminds me of a fiesta.


And there was some beautiful paper piecing ready to quilt.
Well, by this time I was exhausted from just admiring and aspiring! Phew!


Thursday night saw me surprising sweet Shez who had travelled from the Deep South on her way to Nundle. She was staying with the always lovely Cheryll, and I met two new friends, Jen and Sharyn...we had the loveliest evening!
The end of the week saw me at Novocastrian Quilters where I helped sort blocks for the churn dash swap...


catching up with friends for coffee and rearranging my living area furniture! All the classic signs of my chronic bindaphobia were there!


This beauty was quilted and in need of finishing as It was for delivery to my son as a part of his birthday! When did that little boy grow up.....the mothers lament! Despite my good intentions, there were some impediments to my progress....


But I soldiered on!


It is looking fabulous...and the binding is almost completely stitched on...even DH is impressed! It will be ready a whole three sleeps before delivery!!! I am pretty impressed with myself!
Will post a pic when the binding is COMPLETE and the fur is removed!

Cardygirl xx

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

13 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like all those inspirational outings have worked! I love your sons quilt, and might even steal the concept if that's ok with you. Great quilt for a man. If your son is anything like mine, he will like that the quilt has been pre loved in a furry way!

Salley said...

Gorgeous man-quilt!
Puss has very discerning taste.

Lynda said...

Your "bindaphobia" will cure itself before you know. It's a fantastic quilt. You had a great week.

Sue-Anne said...

Great post, love all the Show & Tell and your son's quilt looks really really good.

Unknown said...

Lots more inspiration. Your son will be very happy with his quilt. Sharyn:)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous show and tell....and Shez was thrilled to have met you...

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a helper!

Sue SA said...

Love churn dash blocks, would have had to keep my hands in my pockets! Glad to hear that you are beating your binding phobia!

Marg said...

Love your son's quilt, and I bet he will too. Good luck removing the cat hairs, they seem to velcro themselves to everything here.

Anonymous said...

Heard all about your surprise. And Shez still didn't get to see the baby LOL!!!

Lorraine said...

Busy busy! Lots of fun stuff going on for you....love the quilt and your assistant is as cute as ever...and as helpful! Great work with the binding!!!

Shay said...

Im a big fan of enjoying the quiet of the morning before the rush of the day ...its one of the bonuses of being an early riser.

Chris’s quilt is simply amazing...and the PP colours and layout are gorgeous.

Good on you for kicking that bindings arse...you go girl!

pandchintz said...

I hope the bundle of fur removes itself so you can finish! Chris' quilt is a stunner.