Fun in my fabric world....

Saturday, November 29, 2014

November almost gone!

When did that happen?
Post wedding life has flown by, back to work, back to "normality"....whatever that may be?
The newlyweds are back and now just happy being married....nice, huh?
My work remains something that consumes far too much of my sewing time, not really how I want it, but I enjoy my current role and know that it will not be forever. After two years in contract roles I have secured a permanent position which will give my mind a rest in the current fiscal environment. Whilst I am never without work, security of a position just gives a sense of surety. I am very sad to be leaving my current role, but am returning to my previous contract position which I enjoyed after Christmas. Ho Ho Ho...and off I go!
I had a fabulous weekend away with friends at Middlebrook Station near Scone. 
It was great fun!
Or as I named it...Stitch, Bitch and Bubbles...my work colleagues just don't really get it!
But stitching was achieved, I worked on this slowly growing favourite...
which the locals even admired!
Some more clams were created for the newlyweds.
It was just lovely to get away with these dearest of friends and admire the countryside.
Now I am working toward Christmas...fun!
Hope you are well wherever you are!
Cardygirl xx


16 comments:

wish2stitch said...

Great photos. Good progress on such lovely projects. Love the cross stitch! It was lovely to catch up. Can't wait for next year.

Susan said...

It was a great weekend, seems like ages ago already. I hope you get some more time for relaxation and stitching with your work changes. Absolutely love the clamshells.

Show and Tell said...

The people who don't get it missed out on the like minded gene Cardy,,, We are a special breed :)

sunny said...

It sounds like all is well in Cardyland. Your quilts are beautiful.

Sue SA said...

ohh, looks like a lovely stitching time, relaxing and therapeutic! Your growing quilt looks wonderful.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad some stitching has made it into your days........

Shay said...

I like the idea that we’re both starting new jobs together.

Your sewing prowess always thrills me- both the clams and your other( very colourful ) project look fantastic.

I hate this time of year for how fast we seem to hurtle towards the end. Never enough time to get everything done that I want to do!

Deb said...

Luv the clams cardy...espesh with the black and white diamond border, lol!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad to hear the newlyweds are settled and happy...enjoy your new/old roll, have no idea where November went....gorgeous show and tell..

Miriam said...

I think November must have had a few less days this year! Lol My November has just flown too!
Looove those clam shells!
SOunds like you had a great weekend.

Marg said...

Love the clam shells, gorgeous colours. The double wedding ring is looking awesome too.
Isn't it wonderful when you can spend a joyful weekend with friends.

Googy Girl said...

November has just flown, but it s been a great month. So sad I missed Middle brook

pandchintz said...

Nothing like a stitching weekend away. All the best for your new position and congratulations!

Salley said...

Your blogs always make me smile. Such colour and delight!

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Great picks of a great weekend!.. I don't know where November went either…did we have November??

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Looks like a great place to relax and sew. Great pics